Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Well well well!

Soo my progress is going well today. I managed to grind the hell out of Academy challenges to 4k credits and 600 ftps and my current BR of 72 dollars. It's not bad, I mean I have to be patient.

Overall I'd love to earn myself those poker chips. Pretty much all I'd need come time I graduate from school is buy a nice racetrack poker table for the home game and my poker room stuff would be complete. Well the main things. No I'm not saving ftps for the full tilt tables...ahaha god no.

It's rewarding though, when you actually accomplish something and getting what you want. Even though the selection in the full tilt store is kinda "limited" for me as theres only a few things of interest to myself I'd personally like to own.

I have been playing rush tables non stop. Mainly for the challenges, the ftps I'm earning while I'm doing it and well just maximizing profit and losses. I can tell yo though sometimes it is frustrating. I've seen so many times where I shutdown on the turn with aces as I feel/know he's made a set or better or on a draw and ready to shove putting me in a gross situation. Needless to say I've made some great plays and reads and saved me alot of $ with aces...

Then there's this. Ok I know why..why shove PF all in with aces? On rush I feel it can be a great move as no table image and the chances when you meet on a table to the guys who play AK like it's a godsend tend to call this all in or puts KK QQ even JJ to a novice player to make a decision for all their chips and when the novice player is playing rush and see these hands they have a real real tough time to fold them. I know this I mean, I've looked back at myself with hand histories and noticed, I was dealt cold cards for quite some time and see KK and couldn't get away from it.

Anyways I am up against 1 limper, I thought for 2 seconds before shoving, the larger stack insta calls me and im in deep for 13 dollars on $5NL. The limper requests time and sits on it for awhile and calls for his stack of 8 dollars.

SB shows 99
LP1 shows JQoff
I show AA

I'm thinking wow, a brave call from 99 and I'm already sighing as I know what's happening. 99 is going to flop a set and jqoff a draw right on the flop or turn. Well I was half right. 99 flops his set. JQ turns a straight draw, but missed. I know, it happens, but just put a damper on my mindset so I logged off to watch some Dexter.

Anyways bout time I finish watching the finale of Season 2 of Dexter. See ya on the felt and best wishes!

-George

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, have DVR, so don't get in any Dexter since unsubscribed from Showtime (I don't hook up the DVD player, since I don't buy DVD's anymore).

    LOVE Dexter, great way to get the stress out of your life. a little unwinding with a do good serial killer. Yup, the story of cracked Aces (I've been lucky with them so far, haven't looked up the stats for FTP tourney's yet though).

    I use Holdem Manager, you should check it out. Download the trial (hope you are good at Postgres or SQL in general - do you take any Computer courses over there?)

    You can pull up pocket cards, like AA, KK etc., and see how they have treated you over a period of sample size. I have that been dealt AA, KK, QQ and AK 2.4$ of time over 16 tourneys, and it tends to stay stable. With that kinda percentage, need to play regular Poker to keep up.

    PS, I have some Points there, you gave me ideas to set up a Poker Room too. Don't know if I want to do that, or save up for gear to wear to my local Live Card Rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2.4$ = 2.4% of time, swear I need to get USB keyboard for this Laptop (but so much Computer gear, don't know where to put everything).

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you have access to some power tools and a bunch of free time I would build a poker table. I built one myself a few years back. It only cost me about $300 in supplies and about 60 hours of work, plus i made a nice racetrack for it. It was a pretty daunting task but it came out really well. beats spending 246000 ftps at the store....

    ReplyDelete