Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Home game, looking good...gone bad :P

Well, started off tonight with a simple 5 player $5 dollar sng. I was playing tight agressive as always at these as my friends are all loose players and I can usually sit and wait for nice hands and play them out and they still pay me off.

I was moderate for the whole game until I'm dealt AA in the SB which I raised to 3x the BB. There were 2 limpers and then the BB in front of me so they all just called my raise.

Flop was 10 5 7. UTG check, UTG+1 bets. I shoved all in(I never would, but I know this guy is a maniac and would shove his stack in for top pair on board.) Anyways he called with 106 off and my aces held up to the river and get a nice double up to chip leader.

I then was dealt AK and raise on the button 3xBB and get a call from a loose player who will not re raise preflop with any hand unless its KK AA. The flop came 722. I knew he had neither of which with my read, and he bets into me. I called and the turn came up a ace and he then pot bet'd me into it. I re raised all in. He called. He had JJ.

At this point were down to 3. One moderate stack, one short stack and chip leader is me by a long shot.

I then play more aggressive as their tightening up and both know they don't wanna go up against me as my range is a bit higher now that I'm raising a bit more and its more difficult to put me on a hand. I busted the short stack in a hand with QK he had A4 and he just limped and I'm BB so I checked. Flopped a King and was pot committed considering he only had like 4xbb left and I have 1 in there with top pair and a nice kicker.

Then it's heads up...

I'm a great heads up player especially against my friends. With a nice chip lead it's even easier. I am raising and applying pressure each hand and the tight player that my friend is when it comes to heads up is folding hand after hand. He's then left with about 15bb left and moves all in with Q10 and I have a9 suited. He flops a pair of 10's and I hit a 9. Turn's another 10. So double him up.

Exactly next hand I'm dealt 99 and he raises 4xbb. I re raise him about 2.5x his raise and he ponders for a bit and moves all in which I then called only to find out he has KK :(

I never hit a 9 and he doubles up again.

So at this point were neck and neck. So frustrating for me as I had a nice chip lead and the heads up curse that I seem to have with all ins is doing me good.

Played about 45 minutes more and blinds were getting steep and I was getting good hands......that he would fold when he has the button. AQ twice, AK, QQ. I couldn't believe it.

The final hand...he's got a bit more chips then myself and I'm dealt A10 suited. I raised 3.5xbb he called. Flop was 6spade 10 Jspade. I bet the 2/3 pot he calls. Turn is a King clubs. I checked. He bet into me. I wanted him to, as with now a nut flush draw and a pair on the board I figured there's a good chance if he has a king it's KJ/KQ. So I'm drawing to 9 spades, 3 aces and 2 10s. I ended up shoving all in to find my read was right. He did in fact have QK and the river...

2 clubs and It's all over. I stick by phil gordon's logic on "hands to bring to war" which is I think 12 outers or more to shove all in or call an all in. Either way to me with 14 outs I was easily prepared to move all in. I could've just called to see the river, but the tight player that he is I figured that I could push him off a King on that board.

Looking back I should've called, but frustration from getting elite hands folded to me and him doubling up twice was just destroying my mindset.

I managed to get my money back so broke even for the sng.

1 comment: