Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 1

Well, this is all new to me. I've always enjoyed writing in elementary up to high school. Something I could always have no problem with. I could easily write ideas and thoughts to paper with no hesitation and also enjoyed it, but enough of the small talk I'll get right into business and start off how I decided to start this blog, aswell how my stats started.

I have always played on full tilt, for a year now. Starting out as a donkey/fish making crazy calls, playing over my limits and mass tilting led to me being a losing player in the long run. Fortunately I was lucky enough to make a few hundred dollars out of my last year 3 month long run on Full Tilt so it worked out in the end...sorta.

I decided like most aspiring poker players to learn more about the game and made my first purchase. A poker book. Phil Gordon's little green book to be exact. I read it twice and took my style of poker and some of his tips/facts into the game and noticed I was improving. Not by much, but their is some success here.

Long story short, from there I continued to practice and think more logically about the game.

Then I took a break. It was April of 09, I took the remaining $400 on my account and left. I went back to full time working, skateboarding and spending time with friends and poker took a stand still up until this Sept of 09.

Anyways let's say min depositing 2x from Sept-Nov was a rotton time. My game was terrible. I didn't care, I tilt'd played over my limit and couldn't fold a hand. Don't know what happened, but almost seem'd like my attitude was gone for the game and I was just gambling.

Then came December, I was well motivated. I said ok I can do this. I can be a winning player. It takes time. You don't go from $0 to 100 overnight(Haha, I know depending on the person it can be done) You have to work on it. You take your beats. You continue to play and you don't tilt. When you do tilt walk away. Do something and stay within your bankroll. That way you always have outs. :)

Needless to say I started with nothing in December. I was bored and saw a friend online who had some $ on FTP. I asked him to spot me $5 and I'd play a sng and win and send the 5 back and play with my winnings. I did in fact do that. I played a 1.10 90 player sng and took it down. So paid back his $5 within 2 hours and I'm now sitting on a $22.50 bankroll. I then continued to play 1/2 cent cash tables for awhile fluctuating from 22-30. I would eventually make it to 58 dollars over a period of time from December to late Jan. It was Jan 26th actually I decided to withdraw $50 dollars. Leaving me with $8.42. I don't know why I withdrew, but I did for some reason. Anyways at this point I was getting into the full tilt academy and set a goal for myself to get 5k credits to get 5k full tilt points and buy myself a hat and shirt while boosting my bankroll.

Well after a 6 day session this is what happens:

Bankroll:
Jan 29th $8.42
Feb 4th $74.26
Feb 5th $105.67
Feb 6th $120.00 -$60 withdrawl giving me a total of $60

Full Tilt Points
Jan 29th 65
Feb 4th 1255
Feb 5th 1319
Feb 6th 1980

Academy Credits:
Jan 29th 715
Feb 4th 2.1k
Feb 5th 3k
Feb 6th 5k

Currently I purchased a full tilt hat/tshirt. Should've kept the points, but I wanted the gear as a accomplishment for that 1 week feat.

To end this monster of a first post I'll leave my current stats and continue from a day to day basis for my sessions/beats/brags ect.

I'm current at $89.49 with 700 Acad Credits and 1600 FTPS.

I'll be back tonight to post a small bit on a home game I'll be attending tonight :P Add to the ol online poker BR :)

-Luh Burger

5 comments:

  1. Nice run there! Were you playing 2nl for that run? How many tables?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was playing 2NL tile'd 4 tables. I'd double up on each table. Each time I doubled up to $4.00 I'd leave and rejoin another table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering, do you use the Hud in Holdem Manager? Don't really like it. Do you multitable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I multitable. I tried using holdem manager and PT3 and quite frankly I didn't like them. I recently got pokeredge. I'm really enjoying the HUD with pokeredge.

    It's simplistic, but has all the info you need IMHO. I've made so many good folds/calls thanks to the program already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your Evening.

    Just to let you know, Poker Edge is banned software on Both Full Tilt and Poker Stars.

    I have 2 posts on my blog:

    One describing the inaccuracy - http://propokerplayschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/02/back-to-basics-my-5-on-pokerstars.html

    And one with links to banned programs and why - http://propokerplayschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/02/following-are-banned-programs-be-aware.html

    Please do not download. Please remove from machine.

    ReplyDelete