Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A busy day...

Well, woke up today and decided to run a few errands before I jumped online to play some holdem. I'm in the process of moving from Nova Scotia to Alberta for work and just dropping off some forms/equipment/uniforms to previous employers, get T4's for taxes, pack up my clothes ect for the flight this Friday at 6am.

I just jumped on poker playing the short stack'd tables. I'm in the process of just build up my BR to play $5NL. I want to have 24 buyins rather then just the $100 dollars so that if I go down by a chance badly I don't have to go back to the $2NL. Anyways after a bit I managed to get up to $111 dollars. So at $120 I'm going to jump into the $5 NL that way I get to grind out some easy challenges while I'm earning a buck or two.

All in all my goal for this month is to break the $5NL mark and be playing at $10NL starting this March. I think it's a realistic goal and I will achieve it.

For now well as I'm writing this I'm playing the $2NL table with a nice fishy loose table. Im UTG and raise 3xbb with KK which is folded to SB who is super agressive, wont fold pre flop and re raised all in to show 66 vs my KK. Took down a 3 dollar pot. I love these micro tables, seriously. You could fold 45 hands in a row, come in raising 4-5x with AA and half the table to call you.

I also have recently tried the new beta for Pokeredge 5. It's going to be great once it's finalized and everything. The HUD view is amazing, and has a autoswitch for each street. You see preflop stats and automatically the whole table changes when it comes to the flop and it shows flop stats, turn is next and finally the river. Also the layout itself is just alot more better. I'm very impressed and can't wait till the retail version is released.

As far as grinding goes tonight, probably not much action for me till later in the evening as I'm leaving Friday am, I am leaving friends, family and my girlfriend so going out for dinner tonight and a movie.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Evening.

    Just to let you know, Poker Edge is banned software on Both Full Tilt and Poker Stars.

    I have 2 posts on my blog:

    One describing the inaccuracy - http://propokerplayschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/02/back-to-basics-my-5-on-pokerstars.html

    And one with links to banned programs and why - http://propokerplayschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/02/following-are-banned-programs-be-aware.html

    Please do not download.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just uninstalled and deleted. I had no idea..now you say Poker Tracker is a great software? I'm primarily a cash table player, I havn't ventured into sng's/mtts as much as I used to, but I know I will eventually.

    Im going to go check out the software now.

    ReplyDelete